Friday, July 3, 2009

In-laws, day two

My father in law and I spent an hour putting together the very first accessory that Carrie and I bought for our house - a Webber Grill (the Genesis model). Afterwards, we celebrated by having beer-can chicken with roasted potatoes, all cooked on the grill.  Today, we're having a small gathering, in which I'll be making spice-rubbed ribs and  - well, I think that's really all that I'll be making, as Carrie'll probably be making the sides!
From [~neverland~]


We really don't have plans for the 4th - at least not yet. Fireworks at Lake Union are out, as are the ones at Elliot Bay, since it takes too long to get out of those places after the festivities are over. Being as far north as we are, fireworks can't really start utill around 10, and that's usually when these old farts (okay, this old fart) are off to bed!

No comments: