Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Damn, Denzel!

It being so hot last night, Carrie and I went to see a movie so that we could get out of our hot house and enjoy the AC of the small Columbia City Cinema. It was playing the newest Harry Potter flick, "Away we Go", "Ice Age III", and "The Taking of Pelham 123". Not being in the mood for a trendy comedy, fantasy (which is what most trendy comedies are, in my opinion), or animation (which is what most trendy comedies are, in my opinion), we went for Pelham.

Damn.

It disappoints me to see Denzel Washington take on paycheck roles, since I happen to like him as an actor, and it kinda bums me out to see John Travolta in yet another role that sucks. Honestly- has he done anything of serious worth since "Pulp Fiction?"

Speaking of Denzel...

When I was in the Navy, one of the guys in my division got it into his head that I fancied myself to be some sort of ladies man. He made up a joke in which my pickup line was "Hey baby, did you know that Denzel is my brother? Yeah - in my family, he's the ugly one!" As a result, some of my shipmates started calling me "Denzel." When I moved to Jacksonville, and later Hawaii, with my first wife, occasionally some gal would look at me and say "You know what? You remind me of Denzel Washington!"

Okay - so here's me...
From [~neverland~]


And this is Denzel...
From [~neverland~]


Obviously, we are the spitting image of one another! :)

No comments: