Monday, February 15, 2010

Lottie's Lounge

Our favorite hangout, Geraldine's, was closed, so Carrie and I decided to take our her parents and take a chance on Lotties Lounge.  The food itself was excellent - I  had the Italian Sausage grinder, Carrie had Ham, Swiss and Arugula, and while I forget what her parents had, no one had anything but good things to say about their sandwiches, They also serve an excellent chili soup and clam chowder as well. Carrie's clam chowder came out cold, though, and we had to send it back.

The reason I marked them down from four stars was the service. The woman tending bar had her back turned to us for much of our visit while she was busy futzing about with her bar tabs. It took her five minutes to get around to giving us our menus, and another ten to get around to giving us our check (plus five to get her attention so that she could get my wife's clam chowder warmed up).  The music was way too loud as well. As good as the food is, I won't be going back,

View Larger Map

No comments: