Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No more c-a-fe.ca

I logged onto my Wordpress installation at c-a-fe.ca this morning, just to discovered that it had been hacked into.  The hack was pretty ineligant at its core - basically, some bot went through all of  my index.html / php files and replaced them all with pages that displayed some crazy faux-pro-Muslim message, along with a pointer to an image being hosted by imageshack, which shows me the truly low caliber of individual that we are dealing with. I managed to fix 95% of the damage, but there were still a few ghost files that I could not suss out. Long story short, I decided that this was an oportune time for me to make a change, and switch my wordpress blog from my private hosting on RoutHost to a sponsored host at wordpress.com. So, I backed up all of my posts, pages, and comments to a new site at http://ccbeans.wordpress.com/. Sadly, I had to leave my beloved CoffeeSpot theme behind, but I kinda like the new layout. I had wanted to use Blogger, but, for some reason, Pages just were not cooperating with me.

My site at c-a-fe.ca expires around the 15th of this month; coincidentally, this is all happening right around the time during which I'd have to renew both my domain name and services anyway, so I get to save some money in the process!

No comments: