Monday, February 1, 2010

Here's hoping for 33!

There was a scare n Friday morning concerning both the length of time between and duration / severity of Carrie’s contractions. Things had gotten to the point to where the doctors put her on the drug of last resort –Magnesium Sulfate. The side effects were tolerable for a little while, but after a few hours, she started to really notice her own wooziness and lightheadedness, and experienced some shortness of breath during the night.

Right now, we are thinking that it’s a matter of days, not weeks. We’re hoping to make it one more day to her 33 week mark; it would be really great if she could make it to 34 weeks. But that’s really out of our hands, at this point.

I’ve been staying at the hospital during the nights; poor Axia has had to pretty much fend for herself these days. I’m really grateful to our friends and neighbors for pitching in and helping us out.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Hey sweetie,

Sorry that I am just now reading this. I have been on auto pilot here. I see from today's post that Carrie is just pushing the 34... what day is that... and it is wonderful how God continues to protect your angels. I can not wait to see them myself but I am sure your eagerness is far greater than mine... you think?

Love you!

Kat