Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Twilight

Nope, not the movie with the big-haired dude in it (probably more than one, since there are supposedly werewolves in this one, injected to provide a supernatural take on the Hatfields vs. McCoys, I suppose). I prefer my Vampire flicks to run more to either to the classic (think either Nosferatu or Bram Stroker's Dracula) or to the grittily un-romantic (30 Days of Night) than to the (what I view as being ultimately misandronist) drivel that were adapted from Anne Rice's "classics" (and yes, I did read "Interview with a Vampire", "The Vampire Lestat", and "The Queen of the Damned" when I was a much younger person), and the teenage - marketed pap that they, in turn, inspired.

Bloody heck - what was the point of this post?

Oh yeah - it's getting darker much earlier in Seattle now. I think that the sun actually starts going down around 3:30 these days.  No wonder this time of year depresses me so.

No comments: