Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary, 2009

As of yesterday, Carrie and I have been married an entire year!

It seems like only days ago that the two of us had our ceremony at Cafe Zeitgeist in Pioneer Square only a few hours before jetting off to Buenos Aires for our honeymoon, but a year has passed and so much has happened:
  • We got the chance to spend ten – yes ten – days snowed in during the great Seattle snow-dump of 2008
  • I got the chance to fly to Utah for the very first time, and meet more of Carrie's relatives
  • We bought a house together in Beacon Hill, Seattle
  • Carrie got pregnant with twins
Quite an eventful year certainly. We commemorated the occasion by getting out of the house for a day and spending it on the Kitsap peninsula. After taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island, we first went to Molly Ward gardens for brunch, then I drove her out to my old haunt in Silverdale so that she could see the suburban sprawl where I used to live. We then went walking around in downtown Poulsbo, where we browsed a couple of antique stores and I got a chance to re-visit a couple of my old hangouts, Sluys bakery (whose donuts puts Krispy Kreme to shame, in my opinion) and Java Shots espresso, both being places that I would occasionally spend a weekend morning. Afterwards, we made our way back to Winslow on Bainbridge island, where we walked around downtown for another little bit, picking up some fresh pasta and sauce to make for dinner at home. A short ferry ride later, and we were back at our abode, a little tired, but happier for having spent yet another day – and year – together.

No comments: