Friday, October 16, 2009

The love of my good and gracious wife

Last night, I went through the same routine that I normally carry out during (mostly) every morning: I took my medication.

I (am supposed to) take Copaxone for my MS every day. I usually do so during the mornings, but I had forgotten to do so yesterday morning, so I took it at night.

For the first time that I can remember, my chest tightened, my heart rate shot througth the roof, I had trouble breathing, and I broke out into a cold sweat.  I had to lay down with my feet elevated for about half and hour, and I (gladly) went to bed pretty much right after dinner.  I'm feeling fine now, but I elected to skip my run this morning in order to get more sleep.

I'm thanking providence that Carrie was there for me, since I was genuinely concerned for my short-term well-being at the time.  She took care of me, and, even though she was out of breath herself and uncomfortable many times throughout the evening due to the strain of carrying twins, she relinquished her usual spot on the couch so that I could be the one laying down instead of her. She took it upon herself to re-read the literature that came with the medication so as to reassure me that this is one of the expected side effects of the medication. The love of a good and gracious person goes far in this world - this was reinforced for me last night.

No comments: