Friday, July 9, 2010

Heat Wave 2010 - day deux (The Caffine-Nation edition)

The second day found Seattle in the grips of yet another day in the 90's,. It also found Casa Gaboli in the grips of being in a relatively enclosed space without the benefits of either decent natural circulation or air conditioning. For my part, I decided to do what I could to help my body deal with the heat:
There you go - Charlie Burrell's Shaved Head. If only I could get a band to name itself after the occasion ;) At least it makes running a cooler affair!

Some of you may think that it's a bit trite of me to kvetch about us having a few days of temperatures in the 80's and 90's. But you have to remember that, if you are one of those people, chances are that you at least have a nicely Air Conditioned space to retreat to at the end of  the day. At the very least, you probably have a place that has decent ventilation. Here in Seattle, the former is a rarity for residential establishments, and the latter is a luxury that is dependent upon location, and therefore priced accordingly. Our place lies on the downslope of Beacon Hill, and abuts neighboring houses on three sides  that are less than twenty yards away. We simply don't get any sort of decent ventilation in our place. But we're working on alternatives.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I remember that about our town house. No windows on the sides equals no ventilation equals no fun! May I suggest lots of cool showers and iced coffee???

Hugs,

Kat