Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Correcting the disconnect

Yesterday,m when Carrie read my post, she said that it seemed to be disconnected - an opinion that I agree with, since, in my laziness, I had mashed an update on her condition with an existing draft regarding my latest runs. Not the most seamless of transitions.

So...

Currently (and forever, I hope!!!) , Carrie is doing well.  She had been bleeding on Friday night, which raised enough concern that I took her to the hospital for her to get checked out. She was admitted early Saturday morning. There were issues with her cervix length and the amount of amniotic fluid present in twin 'A's gestational sac. She had an ultrasound yesterday that showed an improvement on both fronts, but the doctors want to keep her in the hospital for a few more days until they can be sure of stability in both areas.

She is currently at 29 weeks. We both have a feeling that the doctors may want to keep her in the hospital until 34 weeks, which is the safest point at which the twins can be born. That means in five weeks, we could both be meeting our beautiful children in real life for the first time!

We've gotten ultrasound pictures of both kids. From what we can see, twin B has a lot of hair (just like I did when I was born), and has the mother's chin, while twin A may or may not have hair, but has the father's chin. I personally think that they both have their mother's nose, but that's just me ;)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Tony,

How exciting to know that Carrie and the beans are doing well after your latest scare. And how very exciting is it to know that in just a few more weeks you could be meeting your babies! All here are cautiously thrilled and praying for the four of you.

Hugs,

Kat

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJB said...

Tony,

Thanks so much for the update. Very exciting! Those 5 weeks will be over before you know it. I'm very, very glad that Carrie is doing better. You both have been in my thoughts and prayers. I look forward to being an uncle and really look forward to meeting the boys!