Thursday, January 14, 2010

Boujey, part deux

A couple of weeks ago, I (halfheartedly) lamented my own slide into the depths of the poor-man's yuppiedom that had been accomplished with the single act of hiring a cleaning service on a biweekly basis.

I still had further to go... ;)

Before the two of us started going out in 2007, Carrie had subscribed to an organics delivery service called Pioneer Organics. They were bought out by Spud! shortly after we suspended our deliveries due to our changing tastes, and the fact that we wanted to be a bit more flexible when it came to our purchasing of food (we didn't want to have to plan what we were going to eat a week ahead of time).

Fast forward two years and two (rapidly approaching) births later, and we've rethought our position on the matter. See, my schedule these days pretty much consists of getting up in the morning, going for a run, grabbing a quick breakfast, going into work, getting off at 5, coming home, getting the house (and Axia) tended to, making dinner, eating dinner, and going to visit Carrie in the hospital, getting home around ten at night. I just don't have that much time to spend on shopping and making complicated meals, especially since my weekends are spent getting the house ready for our kids.

So, we decided to, not only go back to ordering organic fruits and vegetables through Spud!, but also order entire meals through Designed Dinners. That way, all I have to do is reheat the simple meals from Designed Dinners while preparing veggies (I like to stick  to collards or chard, with the occasional bit of spinach thrown in) and starch (tonight, it will be potatoes). I don't have to spend a lot of time gathering ingredients together.

Okay, maybe not so boujey after all. Maybe the slide hasn't started even yet.

One can hope...

1 comment:

Kat said...

Sign me up! And this is all organic? Ingenious if you ask me... oh, but no one did. Shucks!