Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy (first) Father's Day

My very first Father's Day weekend was a pretty nice one. After getting up early on Saturday to watch two World Cup matches at Empire Espress (which is my new favorite espresso place in Columbia City), I pretty much lazed around back home and wathed los gemalos while Carrie went out shopping for my Father's Day dinner. Sunday we got up and had breakfast at Cafe Campange, one of the two French-style eateries in the Marketplace; Cafe Campange is more of a resturant while the seocond place, Le Pichet, is more of a cafe where food just happens to be served.


While we were in the area, we decided to head to Sur la Table in order to get a new nonstick griddle for eggs and pancakes and a wire mesh splatter guard. Carrie did want to get a nice wire mesh strainer, but I talked her out of it, reasoning that we would hardly ever use it. However, when we had gotten home, on the spur of the moment I decided to make Dulce de Leche (following Alton Brown's recipe). In making Dulce de Leche from scratch, guess what the final stage in the process is? And guess what I found myself heading downn to the Target in West Seattle to get?


Dinner was a real treat- home made Chicken Tikka Missala, a nice dark beer, and homemamde brownies and ice cream with my DDL sauce on top. For my Father's Day gifts, I recieved some primo e-Shave shaving lube and cream, and a mandollin slicer that will help me out a lot when it comes to food prep. But the best gifts that I recived can be found here!


Links:

No comments: