Sunday, May 10, 2009

Table 219

Table 219 is Geraldine's, but replace the homespun staff and genuine patronage with equal amounts of Capitol Hill Attitude, tempered somewhat on the staff's side with a genuine desire of customer service. If I weren't willing to drive to Columbia City to Geraldine's or walk to Madison Park to Flora, I'd happily voyage over to Table 219. I had the Lamb Burger with Tatziki, my wife had the Bacon, Egg & Arugula Sandwich. The Sandwich was a virtual clone of the one at the Counter, meaning that the owners / chef knows a bit about reproducibility and consistency. The Lamb Burger was Excellent, needing no seasoning whatsoever on my part; the sweet potato french fries were a welcome delight for me and an equally pleasent surprise for my wife, who was skeptical of the concept.

No comments: