Monday, June 8, 2009

Essential Bakery in Madison Park

First off, my wife and I have been coming here a lot over the past year and a half. This place used to be one of our regular stops on our way downtown into work in the mornings. The coffee's good, and they do a pretty good job with their freshly baked selections. As a cafe and a bakery, I'd say that this place is above average.

However, as a spot to grab brunch - I'd definitely pass. The brunch service was sloooow - I ordered French Toast, my wife ordered a scramble, the total order took almost a half hour to prepare - so much for keeping to a schedule!

When the food finally did come out, the two of us were greatly disappointed. My French Toast as either too crispy or too chewy, her scramble was a disheveled mess, and neither tasted all that great. For ten dollars more, the next morning we went to Flora down the street and had much better fare and quicker service.

We might come back to this place for coffee and pastries, but never again for brunch.

No comments: